It Feels Like Music

10:00


Of all the things I love on this planet, I reckon music has to be at the top of the list. I don’t think that there is anything that brings people together better than the love of a powerful ballad, an insane guitar riff, a pounding drumbeat or an acoustic melody.  The best way I can think of to describe how music makes me feel is this warmth that spreads from the top of my head to shoulders when I listen to my favourite songs. I tried to explain this to my friend but she just gave me a look that clearly said that she didn’t know what I was talking about, so I’ll understand if you are currently wearing a similar expression. However, this feeling only happens when my heart is as involved in an experience as my brain is, and that’s what music does for me – to me.



I love that there is such a wide variety of music out there and it makes me absolutely giddy that there is still so much of it that I have yet to discover. I love that the same song can mean exactly the same thing or completely different things to the people who listen to it and that no matter which group you belong to, that song will always be something you have in common with somebody else. Music can bring all of the emotions to the surface and allows you to immerse yourself in them, or it can help you to forget all about those emotions even if it’s just for the 3 minutes and 19 seconds that Walk the Moon are telling you to shut up and dance about it.  


Music is liberating and it connects people. I think that if you truly love music, you’re happy to share it with whoever will listen, you have no time to go around telling other people that the music they love is wrong and why, and you understand that each and every person’s experience with it is unique to their own reality, even if 5 million other people have all listened to and downloaded the same song. Or maybe it’s not that deep and you just really dig the beat, which is perfectly adequate way to love music. Either way, music means something to everyone and it would be great if we let each other love the songs we love just because we love them, nothing else.

So, in the spirit of sharing music, here are a few of my current favourite Indie-Pop tunes, that I think are pretty good-mood inducing:



Please share some of your favourite songs with me. I'd love to expand my music library.

M

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts