The Manifesto on Being Authentic

20:18

I'd like to begin this post by declaring myself the true champion of the Procrastination Games. Thank you, thank you - I am not proud. Sorry! 

Now onto the new post - today I will be writing about Authenticity. 



A quick Goodle search will tell you that the word “authenticity” means to be authentic. Why, thank you, Google, that’s exactly as profound and comprehensive a definition as I was hoping to find. Not one to accept defeat easily, and after a quick brainstorming session, I discovered that the definition of “authentic” is “to be honest or real”.

Ah, real…a word thrown around so aggressively these days. Often in order to put something or someone else down so that everybody else can know that the user of the word is in possession of a lot of depth and character. Or simply to hide behind social justice while actively disenfranchising everybody else because #insecurities. You can easily identify these people because they’re always going on about real music and real women and real whatever else, forever damning everything outside their definition of real to the realm eternal non-existence.

But I digress…

What I am interested in is my decision to dedicate the rest of my 2016 to the pursuit of authenticity, aka the pursuit of complete and total honesty in my dreams and intentions. I want to make choices that are true to who I am as person, what I believe in and what I stand for. I want to like the things I like because I like them; I want to do things because I want to do them; and I want to say things because I mean them.

So, in order to be as authentic as possible, I have created The Manifesto on Being Authentic.




This list could easily be ten times longer, but ultimately, my pursuit of authenticity will depend on my ability to be unapologetically myself. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts